BG 75 (35-110)mm
- Position of the tool X, Z, when the length L of the new blank is being searched.
- By a quick movement, the tool is driven to position 2 so that the desired section of the drawing roller width B is on top of the blank to be drawn. In this phase, the drawing rollers must not touch the blank.
- By a quick movement, the tool is driven to position X=0. Then, the teeth-grooved outer surface of the drawing rollers will press the outer side of the blank by spring force. The chuck is open.
- By a quick feeding movement, (3000… 5000 min/ minute) the tool is moved for the length of L to direction Z. The chuck is closed.
- By a quick movement, the tool is driven to the starting position in direction X.
- Machining process.
The blank machined by Rod Grabbers BG75 and BG100 is so heavy in itself that “drawing” the blank manually is not wise. Then, the single blanks have to be sawn. By using this rod grabber, the sawing phase can usually be avoided. Detaching the completed piece from the rod or material pipe blank is done, as with smaller pieces, by parting-off turning.
Masi’s number one milling accessory
This rod grabber and method replaces the most usual mechanical devices developed for the same purpose.
Ask us if you are interested in testing the product!
Patent no: EU 1870184
There are no reviews yet.